Availability and Price for 2006 TSX

Hi,
I'm looking at buying a 2006 TSX. There are not many on the lots, but seems like many dealers are expecting shipments soon since this model just started production.
I'm being told this car is selling "hot" so the dealer I'm working with is not coming off of invoice. However, they do still have 2005s and some 2006s on the lot, so it can't be that hot of a seller? Can it?
What would be a good price? I've never paid invoice before, and if this car is that hot, then I will look at the BMW 325i.
Thanks

The BMW is an inline 6 with 215 hp, while the TSX is a 4 throwing out 200 hp. Then of course there's the question of fuel economy and price. What are you really looking for, perhaps an Infiniti?

Are you telling me that you can tell the difference between 200 and 215 hp under your right foot? That's only 7.5% difference.
Sure, they're different cars, but the TSX isn't half bad, especially for the majority for whom FWD vs. RWD isn't an issue.
--
Dan.

Actually, I was half having a go at the original poster for even considering the two cars. Rick K's post puts it the way I would have liked. I know a guy who has a 325i and it's a gas guzzler compared to the Acura. On that score alone, with gas prices rising, I'd be thinking TSX. I'm in Australia with a Honda Euro, same power as the TSX, and believe me, I'm happy with what it's got.
Check "acurazine" online for help with price and myriad other things Acura.

I'm confused about your post. Maybe not confused so much as wondering exactly what your train of thought is ...
You're told the TSx is "hot". Yes, it is hot in the sense that the supply/demand favors the seller, not the buyer. TSX has made consecutive C&D Best 10, and is likely to make a third in a row. People in the market for a near-luxury car like it a lot, and dealers know that.
The dealers don't have to deal very much, and the manufacturer certainly does not have to offer rebates to sell them. Resale value is high also. My dealer rarely had/has more than a few available. Acura is experiencing sales records. So, we can feel okay saying "hot".
Then you go on to say "I've never paid invoice before, ...". So, are you saying you never paid invoice or higher? Or as low as invoice, meaning you've always paid higher than invoice?
Anytime a new model year comes out, the initial few cars are going to be especially dear to the dealer ... they ain't gonna let them go cheap since they want examples on the lot to show folks, plus they're new ... and hence, pricing is MSRP or maybe more.
However, previous year vehicles then become cheaper. Many of us have purchased our TSXes at a discount, just not a massive discount. You want massive discount, go look at the Suburbans ...
Many of us also looked at the BMW 325i before picking the TSX. In my case, *every* 3-series BMW on the dealers lot was at least $10,000 more than the TSX. I think it is safe to say that, while classified as a near-luxury just like the TSX, the BMW 3-series offers more performance. Less luxury. Less reliability. Less gas mileage. Less resale value (except the convertible). And costs a whole lot more.
So, this is why I'm perplexed. You balk a buying a TSX at $30K (it'll be sub-30K soon enough), so you're going to spend another $5-8K on a BMW? Hmmmmmmm. I wish you luck with your choice.
--
Rick K