2006 Acura TSX vs. deer (0/1)

2006 Acura TSX vs. a deer. Exactly one month after I bought it.
Reply to
Dave

Ant & Pat

Dave wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Everybody OK? I pray they were.

Deer are often lethal. Body mass is man-sized, and just about windshield height. We have the occasional fatality here on account of that.

Lots of deer where I live. Lots of "Night danger: Deer crossing" signs. At night, I drive slow and keep a sharp eye out on the woods past the shoulders, high beams on.

Actually, if there have been an exceptional number of reports of deer in your area, the best thing to do is leave your seatbelt off. That way, should you be faced with the worst case, you can easily duck down below dash height. The deer can then strip off the windshield and roof and you'll be below that level.

Ever smelled a dead deer that's been laying there for a while in the summer? 100x worse than a dead raccoon.

People, please be careful in deer country, especially at dusk, dawn, and at night. Go slow. Watch the shoulders carefully. Deer are lethal.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

Try Bears or Moose :-(

Reply to