2009 TSX

I test drove a TSX today. Nice car, but definitely not for me. I drive a '01 TL, and my gf said that the TSX does not feel like a luxury car. It feels more... well... like a Honda. She drives a '08 CRV and I swear that, although more powerful, the TSX powertrain feels and sounds pretty much like that of the CRV. And I'm sure the TSX has great handling, but the ride is too stiff for my taste. We got bounced about pretty badly in the TSX.

I also test drove an '09 is250 AWD today. Nice. Very nice. The gf says that this one feels like a luxury car. I concur.

Still, neither car has the power that my '01 TL has. But the suspension is starting to suck on my TL and I'm tempted by a new car. I don't want a new TL. It's too big and too ugly. The TSX is not for me. The is250 is very nice, but 30lbs of torque short of the '01 TL. But AWD? I want that! I will have to compromise...

And I hate to compromise. But I want my next car to be a little better on gas, too, so I will go down 30lbs of torque and about 25 horses.

Sigh...

Reply to
Venture Rider

Venture Rider wrote in news:00a21d19$0$4564$c3e8da3 @news.astraweb.com:

I drove a 2007 CR-V when they came out. Reminded me a lot of my Acura RSX...

New struts all around won't fix your TL?

Reply to
Patrick Maloney

I'm waiting for an estimate. Just might do it. I hear the KYB GR-2 are the same as OEM, that they are what Honda actually puts on the car. So I might go for that.

Reply to
Venture Rider

The TSX and RSX are just honda civic's, slightly dolled up. As long as you keep that perspective, they're very nice cars for what they are. And I love my RSX.

I just spent a day in a brand new TL while my RSX was in the shop. Ugly car from the front - always approach it from the back and you can live with it. Nice, very comfy, drives great, goes damn fast. I wasn't blown away though. I think if I was in the market I'd shop around even if it was in my price range - there's a few nice contenders. BMW, Lexus. Also give Cadillac a chance.

Reply to
Yoda

No, the TSX is an upscale Euro/Japan home market Accord. The old RSX/Integra were upscale Civics. The TL is an upscale USA Accord.

I like Tokico shocks a lot more than KYBs.

The new TL is priced near $40K. From that perspective an upscale Accord hit with an ugly stick is not a good value.

The OP might want to test drive an Infiniti before settling on the Lexus.

Uh, no. Ugly from the back as well, if you ask me.

Accord sales are way down. You know Honda is gonna have to put SH-AWD into the Accord to stir it up. Why waste money on a TL? From a luxury point of view BMW, Lexus and Infiniti have it beat. From a styling point of view the TL beats itself off. That is one fugly car!

Reply to
ACAR

I stand corrected. I had forgotten about the euro accord connection. I was bamboozled because I recently drove behind a canadian tsx which looks almost identical to an older civic.

I was referring to the TSX/RSX, not the TL at that point. Although I was wrong about the tsx, so never mind.

Actually you're right - Honda seems to have lost the ability to do anything decent stylingwise.

Reply to
Yoda

ACAR wrote in news:38263d50-9a3b-46a6-aa12- snipped-for-privacy@c11g2000yqj.googlegroups.com:

Correct.

With the demise of the RSX/EL/CSX, Acura no longer markets any Civic- based vehicles at all.

Showa (Honda OEM) is best of all. Lasts for ages.

Acuras are awfully expensive for what you get. When I bought mine (1991), there was a recession in progress and the automakers were hurting bad. I could get a base Integra for less than a loaded Civic, so I bought the Integra. Deals like that are hard to find these days.

Personally, I'm not happy with the styling of most new cars. To me they're mostly all pretty homely. Bulbous "safety" noses, heavy grilles, fat-ass rear ends... it's sort of a reprise of the early-'70s, when brilliant late-'60s designs became grotesque caricatures of themselves by 1971, and only got worse as time went on.

1970 Mustang vs. 1971 Mustang. Need I say more?
Reply to
Tegger

The way it was explained the me, there are no Acuras in Europe. The TSX, which is by all means an Acura, it simply sold as a Honda over there.

Reply to
Venture Rider

Yoda wrote in news:2009031411262816807-yoda@Dagobahnet:

You may be thinking of the CSX, not the TSX. The CSX was Civic-based, and superseded the EL. Both the CSX and the EL were just Civics with different details, created to give Canadian Acura dealers something cheap to sell.

The Canadian TSX is identical to the US one.

Reply to
Tegger

Yes, you're right, and I realized that very soon after posting. No undoing on usenet. It was a csx. Never mind, nothing to see here. Move along.

Reply to
Yoda