Integra buying advice

Hey group...
This summer i'll be looking to buy a Gen II (90-93) Integra to use as a commuter car at college. I'll have about $2000-2500 to spend.
I'd like to know some more about these cars, such as how reliable they are, what to look for when buying, and what to expect for that kind of money. Any webpages would be helpful too!
Thanks!

Since it will most likely be a high mileage car, make sure the timing belt was replaced at around 90,000 miles. If you cannot be sure of this, be prepared to replace it (or verified that it is not worn). Depending on your tenacity and circumstances, you may be able to get an older model in that price range and they normally run for a long time before needing major service. If you can find one with service records, that would be best. I had an 89 that went almost 200k before needing more major work after the 90k (mostly brakes and tires). Regular oil changes are essential as well.
Good luck. Posted by the Rubber Dino.

are,
Any
My wife drives a 93 that we bought new, now has 250,000 miles on it. It has *never* been back to the dealer, I have done all the work on it myself.
Personally, I don't know if we will ever get another one, all was fine until about 210,000 miles, then the igniter in the distributor became flakey. I had to spend $100 on the part, and my name ain't Rockefeller.
I have done normal maintainence on it, a few sets of brakes, a few sets of tires, I am about to do the timing belt for the third time. New radiator and hoses two years ago. Both front axles were replaced when the rubber boots dried out and cracked. On the positive side, the first set of brake pads I bought had a lifetime warranty, so all the replacements since then have been free. As well as another front axle which also has a lifetime warranty. Come to think of it, I replaced the exhaust system about 6 years ago with an Acura dealer exhaust, and last summer got a new muffler for free.
The car has it's original starter, alternator, clutch, and the strangest part is that the only light bulbs I have had to replace were the ones in the front side markers. Original headlight and taillight bulbs.
I'll point out again that this car has NEVER had a dealer scheduled service done to it. I have simply followed the maintainence schedule in the owners manual, changed the oil and filter every 3000 miles, and I keep my eyes and ears open.
-David

No you didn't. You neglected it. And badly, too.
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

I'm curious as to why you would say that. I have done all the required maintainence on schedule, changed the oil and filter every 3000 miles, and replaced parts that were worn before they broke. Car has a quarter of a million miles on it, runs like a top, burns no oil. Tracks straight as a arrow, the front end is tight, the car does not have a rattle in it. Gets waxed twice a year. Used genuine Acura parts for many of the repairs, such as the Acura ignition parts and the exhaust. Looks much better than it's 12 years and miles.
The only thing I have *not* done is hand over $450 to the dealer every 7500 miles.
-David