Is better fuel economy really possible with this device?

Hi experts,
I was wondering if this is a complete scam or it might actually work: http://www.turbonator.com/index.html
Thanks, /MM

Scam, but you knew that. That is why you asked. ------------------- Alex
says...

Less airflow means less power.Ask any racer. More turbulence (or putting anything IN the airflow)means less airflow.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

And to add to others' responses, a recent ruling in Qubec by the Qubec Consumer Protection Office declared that this gizmo did nothing to improve fuel economy nor HP after some intensive testing. They ordered that the maker of this device (and another similar one) remove their claims to that effect.

As the others say, 100% scam. Even the side claims ("If every vehicle in this nation averaged just 2.7 more miles per gallon, we could eleminate [sic] our dependancy on Mid-East oil") are too bogus to detail. Maybe "this nation" is venezuela.
However... hanging out in the alt.autos.subaru forum has brought to my attention an OEM device that at least some Subarus apparently have in their intake plenum. As I understand it, it's some sort of spinning thingie monitored by the ECU to provide more even air distribution to the cylinders at idle and thereby to prevent lumpy idle. Maybe Turbonator should try advertising that way: "If every vehicle in this nation had less lumpy idle...."
Mike