Recommended fuel for Legend '91?

I was wondering if someone has a manual for this year and can tell me if it actually requires premium fuel? I agreed to buy this car tomorrow and just discovered while researching its fuel economy that it might require premium fuel... I was already not too happy with the fuel economy, so if on the top of that it needs more expensive gas I will probably pull the deal back... Too bad as the car was exceptionally maintained and looks pristine despite the age and mileage (almost 190K miles)...

Thanks, /MM

Reply to
MM

I run the cheapest fuel in my 91 Legend with 218k miles and have had no problems. As you stated though the Legend is not shy about drinking the fuel!

David Short Acura God

Reply to
Acura God

"MM" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net:

Click here:

Navigate to your Owner's Manual. It's FREE!

Page 240 tells me your car DOES require pump octane 91 or higher! Lucky you.

Your gas will cost about 10% more than if you could use regular. It's almost as if you owned...an Explorer or something...well, maybe not quite that bad.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

Wow! My 1990 Legend manual calls for 86 Octane, which is good since I only get 21 mpg or so.

dan

TeGGeR® wrote:

Reply to
dan

dan wrote in news:44370ca2 snipped-for-privacy@newspeer2.tds.net:

From 1990 to 1991, Honda found a way to make the Legend...a Legend...

Reply to
TeGGeR®

Thanks. I cancelled the purchase. The guy went ballistic on me. He couldn't believe that was the reason I changed my mind and requested the real reason :( Well, it was this and all the posts on the

forum about possible engine overheating/head gasket problems... Bought a 4 cyl Camry instead :) My apologies to all the Acura fans. Although you should excuse me as I do still have an Integra :)

/MM

Reply to
MM

You went from a possible head gastket problem to a possible sludge problem :)

Reply to
Nightd00d