RSX to be next most stolen?

Hello, I'm looking for opinions. We've read about the Integra being the most stolen car in the USA. Since the RSX is the replacement for the Integra, is it going to be a future target
for car thieves?
I'm thinking about purchasing an RSX to replace the car I that was stolen from me recently. The RSX looks to be a nice ride, but I don't want to go through getting my car stolen again. Thanks for your opinions and speculations. Tom

Maybe.
Its hard to fit the K motor in older Hondas,although there's a company that makes conversion kits for some models,and new K motors are available from Honda.(you need the transaxle,ECU and harness,also.) The motor also has intake and exhaust on opposite sides from the B18 motor,has to be turned around to fit in other Hondas. Honda Tuning Magazine did an article on the K motors many months ago.
Easier to steal a B18 motor.(no longer available,out of production)
And the RSX is ugly compared to the Integra.(mine is a 94 GSR) The RSX front is ugly,and the body is taller and looks like it was overinflated.
If you do,look into better,custom security systems.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

IIRC,the K-series motor comes in 2 liter,2.2L and 2.4L displacements,and each has different rev limits and power curves,and different cyl.heads and intake manifolds.
The block is taller on the larger displacement motors.
The Honda Tuning Magazine article was detailed and very informative about this.You can probably order a copy from them online.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Also,at least one has more support bearings on the crankshaft. IIRC,the smaller 2.0L motor,that revs higher.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

The last version of the earlier Integra (no flip-up headlights)certainly looks better than the last generation,but it also had those annoying automatic seat belts. And the VTEC motor for the last Gen. Integra was better than the earlier VTEC.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Only in the US! Canadian '90-'93 models had the old-style manual belts, and no air bags.
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

Well,I guess one could go to the trouble of locating and installing Canadian doors on their US Integra....
Most of those Integras I've seen here have the auto belts removed,and the mechanism still on the door frame,very unsightly,and they no longer have any seatbelts.(unwisely,IMO)
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

I agree.
How did the alarm work out? IIRC,the RSX has a factory alarm. Were you alerted,or was it when you were out of range of the alarm?
also,how did they get in or try to get in? Break a window or slim-jim the door?
just curious,and the info may help others to avoid such thefts.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Both times I wasn't near the car.
When they tried to take they seats, they smashed the passenger window, popped the hood, and disconnected the battery. So the alarm probably rang for 30 seconds or so till the battery was disconnected.
The second time was a driver window smash. The alarm probably rang the whole time.
-MVL