1998 Audi A6 1.8T Door Mirror Broken-Hangin by wire - How to remove ?

My car has just had its wing mirror vandalised while parked :.-( They have applied vertical pressure which has broken the mirror at the alloy part where it pivots forwards an backwards.
The mirror is hanging by the wire and I need to remove the assembly so that is does not damage the door when it is dangling. I have no assembly drawings. I would like to remove it so that I can get the spare parts. If anyone has an exploded diagram or some advice that would help I would appreciate it. Thanks Stuart

I will use it for reference. Will still have to check how to remove alloy assembly from door and try and source a new one. Stuart
Try e-Bay. Do search on "Audi mirror". I've been successful with replacement mirror for my S6
Tony Ottawa

Next issue is break the wires and crimp or dismantle the interior of the door to get at connector ? Parts guy said harness connects behind panel, if you have any more info it would be appreciated. My problem is lack of a manual, I will search the group see if there are any recommendations for getting access to one. Stuart
75GBP from dealer, I could not get it anywhere else.

Hey Stuart, email me at the address used to post, I'll try to scan a page or two for ya.
Romy
wrote in messagenews:401f69cb$0$13345>

Stuart