A4: Identifying sport packages?

I bought this 99 A4 2.8L Quattro used--83K miles. I'm trying to determine which sport packages I have on this car.
I have the sport steering wheel, and the sport seats--as best as I
can tell by comparing with seat photos from other owners on the web.
Suspension: I have the 7 spoke, 17" wheels, red shocks and blue springs, presumably original items. The ride feel suggests the sport suspension package, but I've gotten conflicting info on this. Bumps are clearly transmitted, but there is some "luxury" mush and roll in corners. Only A4 I've driven.
I've done extensive googling and talked to several dealers and I'll be damned If I can make a solid determination.
Audi novice, obviously. Quite a switch from Saabs. Dave
On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 20:26:47 -0400, Interious

Hi Dave,
When I bought my 2000 A4 1.8T, it had the sport package. Here is what that included:
Sport steering wheel Sport seats 16" ten spoke wheels (17s were not stock on A4s...and 16s were stock on all 2.8s and only 1.8Ts with the sport package, otherwise they were 15s) Sport suspension
The best way to tell sport from standard suspensions on similar model year A4s is to compare the wheel well gap. A 2000 with sport suspension will have a smaller gap than the standard suspension (about 2cm if I recall correctly...but don't quote me on that). IOW, the sport suspension will be a smidge lower. HTH.
Elroy 2000 S4
I goofed. I've got 16" wheels and the gap is about 2". Must not be the sport suspension. I made the mistake of measuring the wheel diameter instead of looking at the tire size. duh
Told you I am I novice!
Thanks Elroy
On Thu, 07 Aug 2003 08:55:15 -0400, Elroy the Seedy Impaler

Hi Dave,
Actually, you probably have the sport suspension. My post wasn't very clear. I needed to say that the gap on the sport suspension is about 2cm smaller than the gap on the standard suspension. If you can find another 99 A4, park next to it and eyeball the wheel well gaps. If you have a 1.8T with stock 16" wheels and other sport goodies, then most likely you have the sport suspension too.
HTH!!
Elroy 2000 S4
On Thu, 07 Aug 2003 12:04:57 -0400, Interious

"Interious" wrote in message

All options should be possible to deduct from the sticker inside your manual (and maybe some help from a dealer), OR your dealer should be able to look it up if you give the VIN.

the Sport package on the B5 platform A4s in the model years 2000 and after...at least in the US.
Elroy 2000 S4

Yeah the owner has replaced them, but it def isnt a sport model
Ron
well, its acctually quite simple-red shocks, blue springs=sport suspension, I ve had same problem. 200 a4,2.8

The problem here is, most of the options the Sports Package adds/added to the A4 were/are avaliable on their own. The rims are/were avaliable through Audi's "Collection and Accesories" catalog, so are stainless steel exhuast tips & entire exhuast system upgrades, aerodynamic "body" kits, shift knobs, and Eibach performance/lowering springs that're actually *better* than what Audi offers in the normal sport pack. The Sport Steering wheel and seats can be had as options too if I remember correctly, the dealer just has to request the car that way from Audi. There's a chance that the previous owner of your A4 ordered an A4 with the sport seats and steering wheel, than added his own favorite 17" rims and Eibach springs from the catalog. Beyond that, I know that up untill 98', even sport pack equipped A4s were getting 16" rims. Check to see when Audi started offering 17" rims as part of the sport pack.
again, red shocks, blue springs are sport suspension