Audi A4 Doesnt start !!

I got up this morning and tried to start my 2000 Audi A4 but the car just wont start .. it was working perfectly for 2 years that i've had it no problems what so ever .. but suddenly i cant even get the engine
to crank .. the mechanic i took the car to cannot pin poing the problem .. he says that the battery , starter, ignition system is ok .. he;ll be checking the electronic system and security system next .. my guess is that it was snowing last night and maybe the alarm went off and since i didnt attend it for a long time some how the security system shut off the car completely .. does anyone know how i can reset the car .. is it simple enough that any mechanic can do it or do i have to take it to an authorized dealer .. please help ..... i love my audi and cant see it in pain .. mav
Where ya goin' with that gun, mav? It sounds like the security system if it doesn't even turn over - there's a security relay in the starter circuit that the security system breaks if it's tripped. At least that's the way it's done with the later Type 44's.... In the meantime, don't shoot the horse...... Cheers! Steve Sears 1987 Audi 5kTQ 1980 Audi 5k 1962 and '64 Auto Union DKW Junior deLuxes (SPAM Blocker NOTE: Remove SHOES to reply)

I feel for you on this one. I'd suggest calling your nearest Audi dealer (even if it's far away) and present the question to them, they will likely know much better than a good 'ol town mechanic. =) ther'es a lot of specifics to these cars. I'm finding this out myself, (like having to drive 300 miles to get an alignment) =o