aux input on 2005 Audi A4 ?

I am about to buy a new Audi A4 - can anyone tell me if an Aux input for devices like mp3 players come as standard on the cars, or will I have to add
it later?
many thanks

I think after 98/99 they all have the wiring for aux equipment behind the fascias in the boot (trunk)
I may stand corrected but this topic was tackled a few months back.

All you will find in the boot is a cable to connect the CD changer, no Audis come with pre outs as far as I know, the new Navigation system fitted to the A4 comes with 2 x SDcard slots to plug-in an external memory device, but that's it.
You could get a Dennison I Link <sp> which plugs into the loom and allows you to connect a IPOD or other Aux device, or alternatively look around for a standard Aux in cable loom for Audi A4s.
If the 2005 has Aux in I would be surprised, but don't quote me on that, I would imagine Audi want you to buy their proprietary stuff as bolt on extras
Cheers
Ronny
"Ronny" wrote

Yup. That whole PhatNoise thing.
Alternatively, if the car has a tape player, he could use one of those cassette tape adapters, alas he'll take a big hit on sound quality. Another quality-diminishing option would be an RF transmitter.
Cheers,
Pete

At least they're cheap now. Several dealers are unloading them on eBay for around $150 apiece.
Rob