aux input on 2005 Audi A4 ?

I am about to buy a new Audi A4 - can anyone tell me if an Aux input for devices like mp3 players come as standard on the cars, or will I have to add it later?

many thanks

Reply to
TrueBlue

I think after 98/99 they all have the wiring for aux equipment behind the fascias in the boot (trunk)

I may stand corrected but this topic was tackled a few months back.

Reply to
Glittery Gary

All you will find in the boot is a cable to connect the CD changer, no Audis come with pre outs as far as I know, the new Navigation system fitted to the A4 comes with 2 x SDcard slots to plug-in an external memory device, but that's it.

You could get a Dennison I Link which plugs into the loom and allows you to connect a IPOD or other Aux device, or alternatively look around for a standard Aux in cable loom for Audi A4s.

If the 2005 has Aux in I would be surprised, but don't quote me on that, I would imagine Audi want you to buy their proprietary stuff as bolt on extras

Cheers

Ronny

Reply to
Ronny

"Ronny" wrote

Yup. That whole PhatNoise thing.

Alternatively, if the car has a tape player, he could use one of those cassette tape adapters, alas he'll take a big hit on sound quality. Another quality-diminishing option would be an RF transmitter.

Cheers,

Pete

Reply to
Pete

At least they're cheap now. Several dealers are unloading them on eBay for around $150 apiece.

Rob

Reply to
+ Rob +