Handbrake ? Audi A4

Just replaced the rear pads on my Audi A4 everything went ok, now my handbrake is not functioning has this been caused by forcing back the pistons, what is the routine for adjusting the handbrake.

Reply to
Richard

How did you force them back?

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Rotating clockwise and forcing at the same time.

Reply to
Richard

If the discs are a little worn it can take 30 or 40pulls of the handbrake to rotate the screw far enough.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Im a little confused as to whats going on, I would have thought with new pads the handbrake would bite earlier, or is it handbrake shoes on the A4?

Reply to
Richard

It should bite at the same point, when you screw the piston back in you're screwing it back onto the handbrake adjuster, so until the handbrake readjusts it'll bite later.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

I have operated the handbrake a good 40 times, it would seem the auto adjust is not performing,

Reply to
Richard

I have operated the handbrake a good 40 times, it would seem the auto adjust is not performing,

Reply to
Richard

It may have stuck. If you google through the US Audi groups there's instructions on how to clean & regrease them with pictures.

Reply to
Duncan Wood