Check Engine Light on Road Trips

Hi Everyone,

I've been getting the same problem for a while now. I have a 2002 Audi A4 Quattro 1.8T manual transmission.

When I go on a road trip I usuall pull over after two to three hours for the first pit stop. (all highway driving for at 120 kph constant) After I am done my stop, after I accelerate out back to the highway the check engine light goes on after a few minutes and will stay on a for a day or two even after the road trip is finished before turning off. This has happened the last 5 out of 6 journeys. I see no changes in fuel economy or the temp guages so I am wondering what kind of sensor problem it might be. I never get the check engine light on shorter trips of normal driving of up to 30 minutes in the city/highway driving. At first I though it was bad gas (which has happenned a couple times it seems) but it happens even when I don't fill up either.

And Ideas what it might be. I don't have a code reader. I will have it checked when I take the car in, but its always night to get some ideas.

Thanks, Dave

Reply to
David McCracken

here are some possibilities or ideas here

dave AKA vwdoc1