Direct Shift Box on A3

My 2.0 litre diesel A3 has the direct shift gearbox which is generally pretty good. Occasionally though it can't seem to make it's mind up which gear to select, especially when trying to accelerate say off a roundabout,
when there is a noticeable flat spot.
The dealer has tested it and says there's nothing wrong. Has anyone else noticed this?

I have an A3 2.0TDI DSG and I am quite happy with the gearbox. However the D-position has the problem that you are saying. It usually keeps the motor very low in rpm (1200rpm). This is good for the fuel economy but the car sometimes is not very responsive. I think there should be a third program between D and S modes that would keep the motor between 1800-3000.
Andrs.