Heads up display dimming when hot

Hello. I have a 2000 A6 with the nav system. Recently (2 months out of warranty) the heads up display seems to have parts that dim out when it is hot. Some letters have spots that are dim.
Any thoughts.??
Josh
Go to your dealer and tell them it's a well-documented problem caused by faulty parts. If you do all the crying and you're just two months out of guarantee, I don't see why they shouldn't replace the unit.
You'll just have to be very stubborn.
My two cents,
JP Currently experiencing the aforementioned glitch on my '98 trip comp display.

parts