Cheap tools heads up

Wickes are clearing out their car related gear by the looks of their website, and they have battery chargers, jacks and axle stands beign kicked out for a few quid a piece.

Reply to
Doki

Damn, by the time I looked they'd sold out of trolley jacks, and by the time I'd got through checkout they'd sold out of axle stands...

Oh well, thanks for the heads up anyway...

Reply to
David Taylor

David Taylor gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

The tow ropes have gone now, too.

Couple of quid for a bottle jack's worth having, though - and I've been trying to find a cheap jump-box for quite a while, since my old faithful (£20 at Ally Pally classic car show) one died.

A few other odds'n'sods at "Are they sure?" prices, and some other bits I was planning on getting anyway.

I really need some more axle stands, though...

Reply to
Adrian

Keep an eye on Lidl. They had some excellent ones where the legs fold in for storage for not a lot. And most of these things come round again.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

"Dave Plowman (News)" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

There's no Lidl anywhere near me.

Reply to
Adrian

I'd move, then.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

"Dave Plowman (News)" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

It's not often people suggest moving somewhere more pikey.

Reply to
Adrian

Long time since Lidl were only in pikey areas.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

"Dave Plowman (News)" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Mmmm.

Reply to
Adrian

Give them time if they're relatively new there.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

"Dave Plowman (News)" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Let's put it this way - two of the nearest are Luton and Slough.

Reply to
Adrian

One in Crowthorne; slightly more "des-res".

Apart from the special offers, I find most of the stuff in Lidl and Aldi is not much better quality than a pound shop.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

The tools in Lidl are generally very good. Way better than Draper type stuff. I've never visited a pound shop.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

They've opened up a 99p store round my way which is hitting the local poundland profits. It's an experience browsing through even to just feel the quality of the various tools on offer :-)

Reply to
Redwood

The tools in the Crowthorne branch that I have looked at that are *not* on a special offer are nowhere near to the same quality as Draper Expert range.

Snob! I have; I've just never purchased anything from one.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Chris Whelan gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

I have. A dayglo orange washing up bowl for camping.

Reply to
Adrian
[...]

Washing up? Camping? Ewww!

:-)

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Winnebago with dishwasher is minimum holiday requirement, Shirley?

Reply to
Mrcheerful

"Mrcheerful" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Bit difficult to fit in the back of a 2cv, though.

Reply to
Adrian

2CV would be ideal to drag behind the Winnie perhaps?

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan