Removing speak grill

I have a 1999 A3 and one of the rear speakers has developed a fault.
I would like to remove the speaker grill to see if there is a loose wire but I cannot see how it comes off.
There doesn't appear to be any screws or anywhere to insert the head of a screwdriver to prize it open and the grill is flush with the trim. I am wary of applying too much force in case I damage it.
How do you remove these speaker grills?
"Matt" wrote

If it's anything like the A4, you need to remove the entire rear deck (which means removing the rear seats first) to get to the speaker grills which are attached from underneath. However, you're not going to find any wires between the speaker grill and the speaker. Speaker wires and terminals should be accessible from the trunk area.
Cheers,
Pete