The new A6 unveils!

This time the rear is pretty and the front is ugly *sighs*. But the interior is _really_ nice.

*starting to place some funds aside as I write*

Regards

Wolfgang

Reply to
Wolfgang Pawlinetz

The rear reminds me from new A3, same kind of lights.. oh well, expected. The front is ugly.

- Yak

Reply to
Michael Burman

Dear Wolfgang,

I've been doing the same myself. Just think of a chipped 3.0 TDI with its stock 225 PS and 450 Nm! It could well be above 250PS 550 Nm torque! Unfortunately, the thing I most wanted - i.e. air suspension - won't be available until 2005. Maybe we'll have those funds handy by then.

Yours,

JP Roberts

Reply to
JP Roberts

It means "more room, more syle, more dynamism".

"---== EHH ==---" escribió en el mensaje news:c0teqm$rbo$ snipped-for-privacy@news3.tilbu.nb.home.nl...

Reply to
JP Roberts

Aha, you meant to write "style";that make sense.

Thanks

Reply to
---== EHH ==---

Enh. The previous generation (i.e. the one before the one currently available in the US) was the best-looking one. Is the car available

*without* the Playstation-like nonsense?

-- Mike Smith

Reply to
Mike Smith

They took a gorgeous car, and put an ugly out of proportion nose on it.

I hope they don't mess with the S-8, probably the best looking of the full size sedans.

Reply to
REInvestments

Man....they really know how to knock the wind out of a fan of the marque. That's a face only a mutha could love. With a horse collar smack in the middle.

And somehow I doubt it looks better in the flesh.

The question you have to ask is: "Does Chris Bangle have an *even more* bizarro brother?"

What's the diff if you can't get by that head-on view? Yuck...

/daytripper '00 s4 6spd. Dated - and thank God for that! ;-)

Reply to
daytripper

I'd rather translate it with "More room, more style, more passion"

The last one "mehr Dampf" actually means more steam, but I am not sure if this is some kind of slang in the german language with another meaning. My best guess was passion.

Reply to
BBO

The A8 with 6 litre W12 engine already has that 'new' nose - I'm sure that the rest of the range (including any forthcoming S8) will follow suit.

Reply to
Peter Bell

the nose reminds me of the nuvolari, which looked awesome when I saw it at the Brussels Car Exposition ....

-- dAve

Reply to
Dave

Rather, "or was Chris Bangle just ahead of his time?". Maybe I'm a bit weird, but I did like the new BMW 5-serie. However, I never liked the current BMW Compact with it's odd looking headlights.

After first glance they all look a lot better, but maybe it's the first glance that matters then to most buyers..

..and I bought an Audi anyway..

- Yak

Reply to
Michael Burman

Dampf translates to steam, but would here be translated to 'power' or even better (as far as slang is concerned) 'muscle'.

Regards

Wolfgang

Reply to
Wolfgang Pawlinetz

Ah, there you go - that was my next guess, but I thought it improbable. One learn something new each day, and my new years resolution - to learn something new each day - was just fulfilled for today. ;-)

-- snipped-for-privacy@dod.no

------------------------------------------------------------------------ Wenn im Zweifel, Volleistung! DoD#2101 snipped-for-privacy@dod.no, '93 Audi 100 2.3E Ubesudlet: Aldri eid en J&%#PS

Reply to
BBO

Thanks Wolfgang, your translation sounds good to me.

JP Roberts

Reply to
JP Roberts

I think it will come with the MMwhatever stock, unfortunately.

Reply to
JP Roberts

Wolfgang (and others)

Thanks !

Edwin

Reply to

I wondered about that. My German is rusty, and "room" and "steam" were the ones I knew. I figured they were talking about a coal-powered car. :)

-- Jonesy

Reply to
Jonesy

Is that a 4500rpm redline I see???