The new A6 unveils!

Page 1 of 4
http://www.auto-motor-sport.de/d/53181

This time the rear is pretty and the front is ugly *sighs*. But the interior is _really_ nice.
*starting to place some funds aside as I write*
Regards
Wolfgang
--
* Audi A6 Avant TDI *
* reply to wolfgang dot pawlinetz at chello dot at *
Wolfgang Pawlinetz wrote:

The rear reminds me from new A3, same kind of lights.. oh well, expected. The front is ugly.
- Yak

Dear Wolfgang,
I've been doing the same myself. Just think of a chipped 3.0 TDI with its stock 225 PS and 450 Nm! It could well be above 250PS 550 Nm torque! Unfortunately, the thing I most wanted - i.e. air suspension - won't be available until 2005. Maybe we'll have those funds handy by then.
Yours,
JP Roberts
It means "more room, more syle, more dynamism".

Aha, you meant to write "style";that make sense.
Thanks

I'd rather translate it with "More room, more style, more passion"
The last one "mehr Dampf" actually means more steam, but I am not sure if this is some kind of slang in the german language with another meaning. My best guess was passion.
--
snipped-for-privacy@dod.no

Dampf translates to steam, but would here be translated to 'power' or even better (as far as slang is concerned) 'muscle'.
Regards
Wolfgang
--
* Audi A6 Avant TDI *
* reply to wolfgang dot pawlinetz at chello dot at *

Ah, there you go - that was my next guess, but I thought it improbable. One learn something new each day, and my new years resolution - to learn something new each day - was just fulfilled for today. ;-)
-- snipped-for-privacy@dod.no ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Wenn im Zweifel, Volleistung! DoD#2101 snipped-for-privacy@dod.no, '93 Audi 100 2.3E Ubesudlet: Aldri eid en J&%#PS

Thanks Wolfgang, your translation sounds good to me.
JP Roberts
writes:

sure
Wolfgang (and others)
Thanks !
Edwin
writes:

I wondered about that. My German is rusty, and "room" and "steam" were the ones I knew. I figured they were talking about a coal-powered car. :) -- Jonesy

A bit like the English expressions "Full steam ahead" or "Build up a head of steam"
--
Toby

JP Roberts wrote:

Enh. The previous generation (i.e. the one before the one currently available in the US) was the best-looking one. Is the car available *without* the Playstation-like nonsense?
-- Mike Smith
On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 19:13:55 -0500, Mike Smith

Man....they really know how to knock the wind out of a fan of the marque. That's a face only a mutha could love. With a horse collar smack in the middle.
And somehow I doubt it looks better in the flesh.
The question you have to ask is: "Does Chris Bangle have an *even more* bizarro brother?"

What's the diff if you can't get by that head-on view? Yuck...
/daytripper '00 s4 6spd. Dated - and thank God for that! ;-)

the nose reminds me of the nuvolari, which looked awesome when I saw it at the Brussels Car Exposition ....
-- dAve
daytripper wrote:

Rather, "or was Chris Bangle just ahead of his time?". Maybe I'm a bit weird, but I did like the new BMW 5-serie. However, I never liked the current BMW Compact with it's odd looking headlights.
After first glance they all look a lot better, but maybe it's the first glance that matters then to most buyers..
..and I bought an Audi anyway..
- Yak

I was thinking the same thing, why would anyone want to follow the styling of the nu BMW lineup??

Hey - if you're gonna start agreeing with me you're going to take all the fun out of it!
/daytripper '00 s4 6spd

styling
fun
trust me this is a one time thing, I very rarely agree with you. I still have fun exchanging barbs with you though.