The new A6 unveils!

The Pheaton shares a great deal of parts with the A8, including suspension parts and other mechanical bits. Bodies aside, they are quite similar.

Reply to
Steve Grauman

Nope, the 2005 GS will be available with AWD on the 245HP V6 model. Search on the web...even the Lexus website... I saw it at the Chicago Auto Show....great looking car...

I've test driven the M45 three times, and while I love the engine and RWD, AND the fact the dealer is selling at or *below* invoice (they aren't selling well), I just can't fall in love with the looks like I wish I could. I know someone who paid $9K less than MSRP.

Randy

Reply to
Randy S

Hmmmm

Reply to
Martin Basil

Randy,

I also have driven the M45 and I love the way it drives, and also the equipment it comes with. But it is butt ugly, and that is the reason I would not buy it. But, the 2006 M45 is a beauty. It was shown at the Tokyo auto show this year and it is the Fuga. That is the model they will be bringing stateside. If it has the same packages as the one I test drove, I will buy it, especially if they keep it at approximately the same price which was around $50,000.

HD

Reply to
HowdyDoody

Is the M45 some new motorway north of London? Seriously, we Audi people are not very knowledgeable about BMW's internal numbers. Is that the new 3 series?

"HowdyDoody" escribió en el mensaje news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

equipment it comes with. But it is butt ugly, and

is a beauty. It was shown at the Tokyo auto

stateside. If it has the same packages as the

approximately the same price which was around $50,000.

Reply to
JP Roberts

Are you sure you don't mean the M40, that seems to be where all the poseurs live

Reply to
Martin Basil

That's the Infiniti M45. I've driven it, and it's fast. 340 horses. 33 ft-lbs of torque. It just isn't a beautiful car....

Randy

Reply to
Randy S

Buy an S4 right now for less money. Or an A6 2.7T S-Line. Hell, take out a home equity loan and plop down $86k for an RS6.

Reply to
Steve Grauman

It might well be a London Motorway, but it is the Infiniti M45 in Japan.

Reply to
HowdyDoody

Steve,

As an Audi I really like my car, but the S4 is too small, plus I would rather buy the BMW M3 for a similar amount of cash. But The M45 is a mid-size, I think a little larger than the A6, and if I were going to plunk down 85-90 big ones, I would probably get the Merc E55 AMG. Sorry Audi guys

HD

Reply to
HowdyDoody

In article , Wolfgang Pawlinetz writes

A bit like the English expressions "Full steam ahead" or "Build up a head of steam"

Reply to
Toby Groves

No, he's referring to the Infiniti M45. And I agree, it is butt-ugly.

-- Mike Smith

Reply to
Mike Smith

Thanks to all of you for the "enlightening". I don't think we get that here in the old continent.

JP Roberts

"Mike Smith" escribió en el mensaje news: snipped-for-privacy@news.supernews.com...

Reply to
JP Roberts

I would too. There have been improvements made to your car for 2004, have you test-driven a new one?

I wouldn't. Rear doors, Quattro, superior track performance, a smoother ride, and a 0-60 time that's only about .02 slower than an M3 make the S4 good enough for me.

The rear seat in the M felt just as small as the A6s. Although it may be a larger car overall.

Oh well, that's why Baskin Robbins serves 31 flavors!

Reply to
Steve Grauman

You are welcome. But isn't it "old europe" as oppsed to "old continent"

Reply to
HowdyDoody

I thought you colonialists in th "the new world" called it "the old country"

Reply to
Martin Basil

Most of us colonialists do, but our much beloved Secretary of Defense calls it "old europe", go figure

Reply to
HowdyDoody

calls it "old europe", go figure

I found this, I see what you mean

In his speech, Rumsfeld said France and Germany represented "the old Europe" and that in keeping with the latest fashions, the center of gravity will be moving over to "the new Europe",

mensaje

Reply to
Martin Basil

The Old Continent is for us an establishment, and has been called so since time immemorial - i.e. long before Rumsfeld or any of his peers were born. The Old Country is how the first immigrants to the US used to call the country of origin of their much beloved ancestors.

But I have yet to see any serious Atlas that refers to any "new europe"?=?

However, I think we should follow your example on how united you guys stand. You know it's never been easy for the different countries in Europe to reach agreement on much. The Euro is probably a strong case of an exception.

JP Roberts

"HowdyDoody" escribió en el mensaje news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Reply to
JP Roberts

But look what the Euro has done for europe, you can't mix undeveloped and developed countries with one currency. I think we will always have the pound for a long time and as for old/new europe I think the UK is closer to the USA than the DUSE

Reply to
Martin Basil