The new A6 unveils!

Page 4 of 4

the GS V-8 doesn't come with AWD (can't figure that out) but they're all great cars but I would go with the GS or M45, unless your going to lease then the TL is your choice.

Yes. And between rumors of a 300Hp, 4Motion equipped Passat for $35k or less, the new C1 concept (the RWD car), and the Pheaton, VW's plan seems less like "expand our image" and more like "take business away from our sister company". Sounds like cutting off your nose to spite your face to me.

It does seem crazy especially as the A8 is alloy and therefore much lighter and is now available with the W12 engine. Anyway the Pharton looks like an inflated Passat.
Martin

The Pheaton is mostly aluminum as well, in fact, it gets something like 75% of it's parts from the A8.

I like the Pheaton, I think it's smart looking outside and gorgeous inside. But I'd rather have an A8L than a Pheaton W8 and the Pheaton W12 is $93,000 a bit much for a VW.

No the Phaeton has a pressed steel body and is considerably heaver than the A8 which is all alluminium. They may share some engines and transmission but other than that the are completely different cars
Martin

The Pheaton shares a great deal of parts with the A8, including suspension parts and other mechanical bits. Bodies aside, they are quite similar.

Hmmmm