Water collects at door sill for A4?

Considering buying a new A4 1.8T Quattro. I read in a couple of places that the A4 has problems with water collecting at the door sills whenever it rains. Apparently when you open the door all the collected
water drains out (and gets on your shoes).
Is this still a problem with the 2004 model? or was it really an issue with the previous years?

Hmmm... Owned a '98 for 2 years and bought an '02 in Feb of '02. I live in Seattle, and have not had the problem you describe.
Scott
Someone e-mailed me and said it was because water drains from the sunroof down to there. Do you have a sunroof on yours?
Thanks.
Anyone know if Audi has fixed this for the 2004's?

Yes, the '98 and the '02 both have sunroofs

Simply put, the "problem" is greatly overstated.
The outer door sill is *outside* the weatherseals. Water can't "build up" there - it's not like you could ever have a deluge of water held back by a door seal just waiting for the door to open, because the water is already beyond the seals.
There's just a narrow flat surface atop the outer door sill that may end the day with some globs (technical term for "large drops" ;-) of water a few millimeters in depth.
And, fwiw, the water is not from the sunroof channel overflow tubes alone (if at all - I'd have to check my Bentley to see where the tube(s) emit). When I wash the car - most assuredly with all the glass tightly closed - when I'm done drying the paintwork I open each door and wipe down the sills, and there will be some globs of water on each.
Nowhere near enough to soak a sock...
/daytripper '00 s4 6spd