1998 740iL-front passenger seat will not go forward

Just got this car and the front passenger seat will not go forward. All the other seat functions fine, not sure if it will go back becasue it is all the
way back.
Any suggestions on how to get to the problem? This is my first project on the 740. Thanks in advance.
rick
1998 BMW 740iL 99235 miles 1987 BMW 528e @280000 miles
miles -----
If you must remove the seat to get underneath, forward is a good place. The floor bolts are only on the rear, and it rotates forward (towards the dash) and lifts out off of the 2 front floor "hooks". You should/must remove the head rest first, which should pull straight up from the seatback section. When I did my 535i, I reclined the seatback about half way to make things a little easier.
Bill in Omaha '86 535i