2nd gear stopped working after hard revs..

Yes I'm an idiot! Despite a couple of years of gentle driving ...
Some plonker cuts me up and slows down, and rather than leaving them alone, the red mist descended, We had almost stopped at a red light
which was changing to green, I go into 1st , rev hard, and changing into 2nd something snaps.
Now 2nd gear doesnt engage. All other gears work (for now). What do I need to buy from eurocarparts? (E36 320i 1994) No gearboxes on there BTW!
Lordy