1994 GTi HARD 2nd gear, please help!

Hi folks... I own a 1994 2,0 8v GTi, 90k miles on it. When it's cold outside (30 F) shifting from 1st to 2nd is almost immposible. When the engine warms up, it gets better even though it never gets really smooth like 3rd, 4th or 5th. I suppose changing transmission fluid will do. Or should it be the sinchronizer for 2nd? I guess that this is rather expensive and complicated to do. My SACHS clutch is 2,000 miles old, and it didn't make the problem better or worse. Anyone had a similar problem? thanks!

Reply to
ghinghis

Come on guys any help is welcome :)

Reply to
ghinghis

If you are the first owner it might just be under warranty yet!

10years/100,000 miles.
Reply to
Woodchuck

Dream on. Hah!!!! Unless it sounds like it's crunchy when it's driving around in gear.

Learn to double clutch from 1st to 2nd = most VW owners don't what to hear anything expensive. So there... That'm my cheapa$$ usual VW tranny advice.

Reply to
Peter Parker

I live in Santiago, Chile. The VWs that arrived here were american spec. But no 10 year warranty. No way. Double clutch? That doesn't work. I've tried. Maybe the transmission oil is to old? I don't think it has ever been changed. Or a synchro? Of course, this wouldn't be that nice. thanks

Bob

Reply to
ghinghis