528 Wiper motor

My wipers died on me for the second time in twelve months. The wiper motor needed replacement in both cases. Is there something wrong with the wiper motor design in the 528?
This doesn't seem right.
T. Bokuden wrote:

The motors might be failing because the mechanism is binding. It could be that the wiper transmission needs to be disassembled and lubed.
If you purchased the motor at a BMW dealership in the US you have a two year warranty. Just bring them the original receipt for a replacement.
Chip