95 730il E38 rear window replacement ? double glazed or single ?

Hi,
This car originally had a double glazed rear window. The double glazed replacement window is very expensive, so I am hoping that I can use the
single glazed window for E38 instead?
Can anyone tell me if this will be a problem?
Thanks
I don't think you have a choice in the matter.
There are laws that define the glass that must be used, and it requires two layers with plastic goo in between them to hold the glass together if it breaks.

That's laminated glass - different from double glazed.
Double glazed has two sheets of possibly laminated glass with an air gap between them - to reduce noise transmission.
--
*Do paediatricians play miniature golf on Wednesdays?

I know what dual-glazed is, I am not aware of it being available in an automobile because of the curved surface of auto glass. I was thinking the OP used the wrong term. Dual glazing in a home is an effort of climate control -- heat transmission is reduced in a dual glazed window.
Are you saying that they make dual glazed windows for cars? If there is such a thing, I would guess that the design considerations necessary to support dual glazing would make conversion back to a single glazed window cost prohibitive, which should make the decision on which to use pretty easy.

It is.

Used for noise reasons on cars - as I said.

Yes.
The OP reckons it was an optional extra on his car. So it is possible a standard screen can be fitted as I doubt the body itself is different.
--
*Young at heart -- slightly older in other places

Double glazed or dual glazed windows are an option on some BMW and Merc cars that on the E65 in the UK is about 2k and it covers both rear doors and rear screen it is also heavily tinted or sun protection film applied.
--

Sir Hugh of Bognor

I did not know that.