Anybody familiar with the "M" edition of the ld 732i?

I just acquired a 1980 732i with the M logo, and I can't find any info on the web specific to this version. It's an "off the boat" Euro car, and is quite different than the
standard 732i, as it has extra wide factory wheels, manual windows, manual seats, manual sunroof, no A/C, low-boost racing-feel steering, stick shift & is fast as hell. If anyone knows where I can find more info about it, I'd appreciate the help.
-- Stephen Sank, Owner & Ribbon Mic Restorer Talking Dog Transducer Company http://stephensank.com 5517 Carmelita Drive N.E. Albuquerque, New Mexico [87111] 505-332-0336 Auth. Nakamichi & McIntosh servicer Payments preferred through Paypal.com
Go to John Burns excellent BMW/UK site, he has good info on the E23, e.g., be sure to check out the "known problems" section:
http://www.unixnerd.demon.co.uk/e23.html

Well the car 'sounds' boy racered.
M - Logo - often knicked or purchased- even in Europe.
The car is very definitely completely factory-equipped. No signs at all of any aftermarket "customising". In fact, the only problems with the car would seem to be from a complete lack of any work done since new. Fortunately, despite neglect, the entire drivetrain, suspension, etc. seem to be in near perfect health, thanks, no doubt, to the astonishingly low 128k total miles. Current problems are 98% cosmetic. Mainly, I'm interested in finding out if the engine is the usual 3.2L M30, or if it could be the 3.5L, and I'd also like to find out the weight of the car. The standard '80 732i is about 3300lbs, so I'm guessing it's maybe under 3100, without all the power stuff & extras. Of course, I'd also like to get an idea of $ value.
-- Stephen Sank, Owner & Ribbon Mic Restorer Talking Dog Transducer Company http://stephensank.com 5517 Carmelita Drive N.E. Albuquerque, New Mexico [87111] 505-332-0336 Auth. Nakamichi & McIntosh servicer Payments preferred through Paypal.com

Can't the VIN # tell you what you need to know?
Also,what does the valve cover look like?There should be a M Power or the like on it !
post a link to some pics of the car and it's engine please, I think that will help me tell you what you want to know

There is no 'official' such car, so I'd suggest that it has been customised to some degree. Having said that however, there were some market specific ///M models of sorts which were more marketing exercises than anything else in places where the genuine ///M articles weren't available for either LHD/RHD reasons or simply because their importation couldn't be financially justified.
Australia for example had the ///M323i & ///M325i. South Africa were into this as well with their ///M735i and 333i as well as numerous other variations.
If yours isn't just a customised boy racer jobbie, then it *might* be one of these official factory boy racer South African versions.

Nice :-) 732i was (I THINK) the first BMW with Motronic fuel injection.
on the web specific to

I'll bet it's a normal 732i with an //M badge. Nice car though. Could have been ordered to that spec. In mainland europe electric windows were probably extra cost items.