bmw 325 average mileage

Hi,

Id like to know whats the average mpg that people get out of their BMW

325i; also please mention the city in which you drive it in mostly.

I have a 2003 BMW 325i; it doesn't give more than 22.5mpg in San Diego. Until I saw my brother get 28mpg in Milwaukee (in a '98 325i), I wasnt too concerned about what I was getting. But now I am very curious now to know why I don't get better mileage with my car.

The only explanation I have is that San Diego is a hilly area with lots of slopes and ramps.

I want to know what other people are getting, especially in the San Diego area.

Thanks! Veerags.

Reply to
Veerags

I'm in Chicago, flat as a pancake, and drive a 5-speed 2003 325i. I get around 18-20 mpg on average, all city miles. About the same for my Z4, which has the same engine. epbrown

-- "Everybody wants a normal life and a cool car; most people will settle for the car." Chris Titus

2003 BMW 325i Black/Black, 2003 BMW Z4 Black/Black
Reply to
E Brown

"Veerags" wrote

Seattle is MUCH more hilly than San Diego, and I get around 25mpg in my 330xi with 5 speed manual. It's the way you drive, not so much the hills. Use the highest gear you can (to the point of lugging), don't jack rabbit, try to be light on the brakes and anticipate red lights. (You don't want to be a sloth, so be aware of others around you.)

FloydR

Reply to
Floyd Rogers

In the winter in my M3 I was getting about 16 now it's up to 22. Average speed is about 22mph but I'm rarely stationary. That's UK mpg so US would be more like 14 -19.

Reply to
adder1969

Yeah, my average speed is much higher - I think it's around 38 or so right now. Ranges from 35 to 42 or so, depending. I've never gotten below 23 mph, never more than 31 (highway only). I'm at one end of the spectrum, you sound like you're at the other. Too bad about the low average speed in that car.

FloydR

Reply to
Floyd Rogers

I average around 24 in the city. On the interstates, I get 32 if I can hold it down to only 80. I live in North Texas which is much flatter than San Diego. Mine has an automatic. Jim

Reply to
Jim

In town I get 20-22mpg, on the highway I get 30-34 mpg. 2006 325i, AT, Non-sport.

Reply to
Jack Dotson