BMWs rough engines

Page 2 of 2
On Thu, 04 Jan 2007 14:54:57 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"

I've had one of those... It was an inline 4 (non-BMW), and that really did have an uneven firing interval... And a pool of oil underneath... Oh, and some strange rattles.
Dodgy.
--
MUSHROOMS ARE THE OPIATE OF THE MOOSES

I had it on an MGB - the first three main bearing type. Easy to tell it had been thrown as you could feel it through the hole in the block. Shortly afterwards they brought out the 5 main bearing engine...
--
*When the going gets tough, use duct tape

On Thu, 04 Jan 2007 17:03:44 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"

Good grief. You guys are suckers for feeding the trolls, aren't you?
--
Dan.

On Thu, 04 Jan 2007 18:18:34 -0500, Dean Dark
Not really... I replied in a tongue in cheek style and then Dave and I had a nice little chat about engines that really blew up.
Dodgy
--
MUSHROOMS ARE THE OPIATE OF THE MOOSES