Carb tuning

I want to tune up my 1.6 liter '87 E30 316 BMW. I have a friend who has gas analyzer, but I do not knew what to aim for.

If I remember well, when BMW dealer serviced my car CO should be ~1% at idle, but what about HC?

Reply to
Yvan

It's not a 1.6, it's a 1.8! It's just called a 316. I used to have one.

Ditch the Pierburg carb and get a Weber. You'll get more power and better mpg. The M10 engine is very responsive to tuning.

Reply to
John Burns

Nedavno John Burns pise:

| It's not a 1.6, it's a 1.8! It's just called a 316. I used to have | one.

No it is not 1.8, it's 1.6. Most of the world had 1.8 but for Greece and former Yugoslavia (I'm in Serbia) it was 1.6.

| Ditch the Pierburg carb and get a Weber. You'll get more power and | better mpg. The M10 engine is very responsive to tuning.

I was considering that. I actually bought two Solex PHH but I could not make them work on LPG (I both petrol and LPG).

As for Weber carbs are quite expensive, and shipping to Serbia (and customs) costs make them even more expensive for a twenty year old car.

Reply to
Yvan