CD player question

Jot a 1995 525i for a great deal. The CD player is not working.. I have it taken apart and found a stuck CD - got it out, but still, I watch the changer look for disks, a disk gets about 1/4 way in, and goes back out..
then I get a disk error. My thinking is that there may be a photo diode that is looking for a disk (the disk breaks the light when it goes in 1/4 the way - but I get a disk error still. When I put a disk in the play position, I still get an error. The disk does not turn as the unit reads 'no disk'.
Anyone have any ideas on this? (besides buy a new one!)
Thanks
Scott
On Sun, 28 May 2006 21:27:46 +0000, Scott C wrote:

I'm guessing you didn't get an alpine. Solution besides buy a new one is send it off for warranty repair. But it's not under warranty is it. Which means you get to buy a new one... It's not hard. 200 bucks, the black alpine mp3/wma player, and you are done. Come on.. you know you wanna.
Just interested, what is the model number of the Alpine MP3 player?
sc

it
out..
that
position,
disk'.
Scott C wrote:

This may be obvious, but how are you loading the disks? On the OE 6 disk changer from those years the CDs get loaded upside down (printed side down).
--
-Fred W

I got this fixed. It was the photo diode that senses if a disk is in or not. It's a BMW player, and works fine now.
Thanks
Scott

it
out..