OEM Mini Radio CD player

I took my '03 Mini to the dealer with a skipping-CD issue. They replaced the entire unit with an '05 "Radio Boost". It plays MP3s and has a lot of other features that I can't figure out. It has 3 radios bands FM/LW/MW and "News" and "Traffic".

What are LW and MW? What is the "TP" on the display? Anyone have a scan or pdf of the manual?

I'm wondering if it's supposed to be a UK market radio that I got accidentally.

Reply to
Chris

Hi Cris it does seem that the radio is set up for UK use - LW is Long Wave and MW is Medium Wave both still used in UK although FM is the 'usual' for Stereo broadcast. I have noticed a few things change on 05 cars in the 'coding' - prahaps the boost radio is codable and is set up for ECE instead of US. If I see a new Mini I'll see if the radio has a service Menu - like the BMW radio's where you can alter the pre-loaded setup.

Reply to
arielmad

That'd be really cool. I'd appreciate that.

Reply to
Chris

Check out this thread:

Macuser

ght=Secret

Macuser is correct - the M button gives you service functions and the ability to set the country - if the dealer has forgot to do it you could put it right yourself. or at least check it is set to USA not ECE

-- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 74945 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails. Try

for free now!

Reply to
arielmad