Comfort Access

Anybody out there have any experience using BMW's Comfort Access option? If so, what is your opinion? Is it worth the extra money and does it work as advertised? I know what a dealer says but would like
some feedback from someone that has actually used it for awhile.
what's there to check out.
if you get in and out of your car many times a day or you are lazy this saves you having to handle your keys.
it works but is it necessary, that's up to you.

Do you have it in your Bimmer? If not, the question wasn't meant for you. I guess I am a little on the lazy side. However, I'm not too lazy to use the "Shift" key on my keyboard. Thanks anyway for your reply.
jerri wrote:

Ah, so your name really is jerri and not Jerri then? Your parents must have been rather odd...
--
-Fred W

Personally I think some options on offer (Comfort access a case in point) are offered for 2 reasons: 1) Some MPV's and other vehicles have features like this as standard, BMW probably offers it as an option in case you have a bee in your bonnet about having "it" because it is on another car you might be considering. 2) Company car buyers have a certain budget to spend, most such people will probably add on more options until their budget runs out. You get remote control central locking as it is, with buttons of different shapes making it easy to unlock the car without even taking the keys out of your pocket. Occasionally I'm carrying a child and bags when I enter the car and still don't see the need for comfort access.
OK so you still don't have an answer from someone who has this option... could it be that no one bothers with it?
One appealing feature is that if you would happen to leave the key in the trunk, it will pop open. Now, why anyone would have the key in their hand is another question.

Thanks for your reply. The main reason I posted the question was that a month or two ago someone posted a message that he was having trouble with his. He didn't get any replies. Now that it has been out awhile, I was wondering if other people are having trouble too. I'm close to ordering my new Bimmer and was considering this option. If it has a lot of proplems, I'll skip it and save the money. I have yet to talk to someone who actually has it on his BMW. Thanks again.
On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 22:02:27 -0500, Malt_Hound

Why do you think my name is "jerri"? It could be an acronym. But you were right about my parents. They were very odd!
if he was having problems, it was more likely someone who misunderstood it or didn't bother to find out exactly how to use it.
the only problems i have heard of or witnessed is when the user has both keys with them, it can confuse the system.

I"LL TAKE THAT AS A NO! THANKS ANYWAY.