Upgrade "comfort closing windows"

Hi,

I have the 2003 9-3 ARC 1.8t. It came with "comfort opening windows". The dlr says it's not possible to upgrade it to "comfort closing windows". I know the feature from a Volkswagen Passat. If you close the car with the remote, all open windows will be closed, too.

What do you think? Should be no problem. Maybe I should change the dlr.

Cheers

Nicky

Reply to
Nicky Serfling

BIOLL

That's the answer I got from local BMW dealer. I assume your are located in US? Dealer told me this feature cannot be enabled in US in 4 door cars, because it is possible that a child or a pet gets squeezed. Tow door coupe and convertible are different. I guess neither a pet or a child is presumed to sit in front seat :)

BR:Z

Reply to
Zon

Saab's windows automatically stop and open again if there is an obstruction while closing. I don't see why they could have auto closing windows but not allow "comfort closing." With the VW Passat (US), you can open and close the windows by putting the key in the door and holding it in either the unlock or lock positions. Comfort closing isn't much different.

On this Saab page, it says that comfort closing is optional on the Linear, Arc, and Aero. That's the global site though; there's no mention of it on the US site.

I just called Saab USA and the nice woman told me that comfort closing is not available in the US because of federal regulations. The woman said it couldn't be programmed, but I wonder if it's a matter of "can't" or "won't." Anyone know someone with a Tech II?

Reply to
Shane Almeida

Same with BMW

Same with BMW

However, they still won't enable it. They also refuse to disable passanger airbag, which they do in Europe if requested. So, I guess regulations in US are slightly different.

BR;Z

Reply to
Zon