E30 325i steering rack

I want to use the steering rack, which had power assistance, from a 1987 325i in a new kit car. However, I want to use it without the power assistance. Could anyone suggest if there is any problem with doing this and
how should the various hoses be connected or terminated to allow it to work best. Thanks in anticipation!

The problem is a power rack used without assistance doesn't have the 'feel' of a manual rack, due to the extra friction of seals, etc.
I'm also not sure how long it would survive without pressure lubrication as provided by the pump.
Why not find a non power unit to use? I'm pretty certain some models of the E30 came without power steering - although of course they may not have been available in your country.
--
*Procrastinate now

One problem is that of retaining some sort of lubrication. Another is that a power steering spool valve chest contains a torque rod connecting the column to the rack pinion. This means that the valve body needs removing altogether or modifying to give a solid connection from the column to the rack pinion.
I don't think it's as simple as it might appear, bearing in mind that the conversion needs to be sound from an engineering and safety POV.
To do the job properly IMO, machining would be required, if only to remove the piston, so unless you have machining facilities, or are prepared pay for it to be done properly, I'd advise you look for a suitable manual rack. At least then you'd have no worries about the racks integrity. Mike.