motronic compatibility question

Hi there,
I'm looking for a replacement of the motronic unit in my '86 e30 with m20B25 motor. It had a Bosch Motronic 1.1/1.3 Adaptive fuel injection computer. Can I replace this with an '89
version of this computer, or should I keep looking for the original '85/'87 version ?
thanks,
Jonathan
Hi there,
I'm looking for a replacement of the motronic unit in my '86 e30 with m20B25 motor. It had a Bosch Motronic 1.1/1.3 Adaptive fuel injection computer. Can I replace this with an '89 version of this computer, or should I keep looking for the original '85/'87 version ?
thanks,
Jonathan -----
I have at least 1 from a 1988 e30 m20b25 and I believe it's a Programa version. Let me check it in the morning and I'll get back to you.
Bill in Omaha '86 535i

thanks, another question though: I've found a computer from '89, which apparently has 3 connectors, because it is supposed to sit in a 325 with catalytic converter, I suppose this is incompatible with the '86 325 without converter, that I described in my initial post ?

Here's what I have for DMEs: 0 261 200 153 (BMW 12 14 1 722 430) - I have 2, 1 is a Programa (both work) 0 261 200 027 I have 1 for a 528e/325e (not Super ETA) + Idle Control Module
Bill in Omaha '86 535i -----