new wheels question

Hi
Just put different wheels on my 1999 e46 318. Got hold of a set of 7 spoke alloys from a 323/5. The steering feels quite different (heavier), suppose
this is the bigger wheel/ smaller wider tyre configuration.
I cant see how it can, but is there a need to have the tracking checked/adjusted after changing wheels?
thanks
Gary
--
Visit my websites at
www.justjents.co.uk

No need to adjust tracking. If you go to wider tyres it'll feel heavier. 225 is the widest I'd run on your car. Anything else is just wasting fuel (increased roll resistance) and reducing wet/icy weather grip.
geepeetee wrote:

If the offset is different, it will make the steering heavier If the tires are wider and or grippier, ditto.

Alignment does not change with a wheel change. However, it may be that different wheel sizes/offsets may indicate a deviation from the factory settings for optimal tire wear and handling. Don't attempt this without guidance from a very good chassis guy.