strange beeps coming from the dash behind the steering wheel.

I have a 1995 325is. And the last few times I drove it I heard 3 consecutive beeps come from the dash. No lights went on or anything. Has anyone heard of this before? what could it mean?

Thanks..

    On my E46, this indicates the temperature is 37F or below. I don't know if the E36 does this.     epbrown -- "Everybody wants a normal life and a cool car; most people will settle for the car." Chris Titus 2003 BMW 325i Black/Black, 2003 BMW Z4 Black/Black

On my BMW it will bong if the temp falls to 3C or below, I exceed the [user]programmed speed limit. There may be other ways.
It bleeps three times in the three seconds before the hour if you have programmed the time signal - useful if you like to catch the news, but not all the **** in between.
If all else fails please read the instructions...
madloof72 wrote:

yep it's just the hour chime, scares the crap outta ya when you hear it and you're not expecting it! you look down and expect to see 'LOW COOLANT' or 'ENGINE TEMP' or something scary... but then you notice that bing, it's the start of a new hour and the car felt like keeping you on your toes.. nice feature, not!
on my E34 i think you turn it on and off by pressing the Set/Reset button on the OBC when it's in the clock mode, it will display a little icon in the top-right corner when it's on