What used car should I buy? BMW or Benz?

Page 2 of 2

If you'd tried it in an iX, you wouldn't think it was quite so easy. :-)
Intrestingly though, the (original) clutch plate was fine with 350,000km on it. If the throwout bearing hadn't gone, I wouldn't have had to change it. However, we did the plate, pilot bearing, 2 guibos, tailshaft and selector shaft seals, and new fluid in the transfer case, while we were in there, all of which were needed.
-Russ.

You must not be aware of the prices of Japanese parts for Japanese cars. Outrageously high.