93 camaro engine light

Hi I just bought a 93 Camaro (3.4) and the check engine light is coming on. According to Chilton's I connect terminals A and B on the data link connector and the engine light is supposed to start blinking codes. This
works on my 90 Blazer but on the Camaro the radiator fan starts blowing. I'm cheap, being so I am trying to avoid the mechanics shop. Driving the car home the water pump failed and I ran it hot for a few blocks (that was a bitch to replace). The oil pressure gauge does not work (pegged to the high side) it will soon be replaced. Other than that the engine purrs like a kitten. If anyone has any ideas, I would appreciate it.
Thanks, Clay
oops, I forgot something. The engine light does not stay on all of the time. It will come on after 10 or 15 minutes of driving then go off after another 10 or 15 minutes and so on. My first thought was a cooling problem but it has a new water pump, coolant is circulating and the temp gauge reads normal. ???
Thanks, Clay
Pull the DTC's (diag. trouble codes) on the car and it will tell you why the light came on. Most likely it is the EGR valve or O2 sensor. But pull the codes to know for sure.

-
I tried that. The check engine light does not flash, however the radiator fan will come on. Thats all. So where do I go to from here?
Thanks

If your having trouble pulling the codes, take it to Autozone or your local auto parts store. They will have a scan tool you can borrow.

-
o2 sencer Smith wrote:

Thanks for the info guys.