Boiling Gasoline!!!

I own an '89 IROC Z28 with a 5.7 TPI. After about an hour of driving the car, the fuel pump will start to whine and actually cause the car to stall. If you pull the cap off of the gas tank, you can actually see white smoke coming out from inside of the tank! I have replaced the pump, the regulator, filter and have blown the lines through with air pressure. The engine stumbles as if it is "running out of gas" when the whining starts. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, PLEASE let me know!!!

Reply to
unforgivener

your problem sounds like the vent for the gas tank if it plugs up the tank cannot replace the used fuel with air creating a vacume the pump struggles to suck up fuel,starts to overwork(whine) motor lacks proper fuel pressure sumbles and dies out. quick fix about 10 bucks some use an external tank breather others just the fuel cap either way cheap and easy fix

Reply to
myron j peabody