estimate for a new clutch? 02 SS

well, looks like this newsgroup has turned into a money making scam fest....
anyways, i have a 2002 SS 6 speed with 22,000 miles on it.. everytime i change gears, usually 1-4, and into reverse, i hear a loud clunk comming
for the rear of the car... i STILL havent taken it into the dealer to get it checked due to money problems.. i had posted about over a month ago about a strange clunking noise comming from the rear when i coast in neutral and am about to park... now i hear the same clunk when i shift sometimes... its starting to shift a little rough as well
im taking it to the dealr as soon as i get my income tax check, so id like to prepare myself for the worst...
how much do you guys think it will be to replace the clutch at the dealer, including labor?
Thanks in advance
The_Dark snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net says...

What is the the warrenty on a 2002 Camaro?
Hey, could that noise be coming from the rear end. If I remember right, The weakest part of that drivetrain is the rearend. Something about them coming out of a S-10 pickup.
I own a 96 SS 6-speed. Estimate for a clutch replacement is about $1,200 complete. Hope this helps.

Does it mak ethis same noise in reverse? I would suspect the rear universal. Get the car up on jack stands in the back and check for play in the rear u-joint. Check for up-down side to side wobble. If it is loose it will bind and cause clunking with occasional popping sounds. Hell of alot cheaper to fix too. ;-)
"Does it mak ethis same noise in reverse? I would suspect the rear universal. Get the car up on jack stands in the back and check for play in the rear u-joint. Check for up-down side to side wobble. If it is loose it will bind and cause clunking with occasional popping sounds. Hell of alot cheaper to fix too. ;-)"
yes, it does, and it also pops now and then.. only pops when im in reverse.. the popping sounds like it shoots out of the exhaust
im not mechanically inclined, so i have no idea what the u joint looks like nor how to fix it... ill explain this to the mechanic when i take it in... thans for the advice, i really appreciate it!!!
On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 01:33:20 -0500, "Bralgar"

And let me know what ya got. I have a noise like that in my 00 SS automatic. -- lab~rat >:-) Do you want polite or do you want sincere?