interchange question about Camaro / Firebird doors needed

I have an 86 Berlinetta v8 car and bought 1992 IROC rust free doors.. only thing I can see different is the irock plasti along the bottom.. SOME people
are saying the doors won't work at all as the latches changed.. ??? I was sure that the interchange was 1982-1992 Any info would be great Thanx