Removing vats on a TPI to carb swap

Does anyone know if you can simply rip out the whole vats system and the ECM on a TPI to Carb swap? My Vats code is still unknown to me. I lost my keys, Chevorlet can not find the code from my VIN # the locksmith wants
300$ so after completing the swap can the whole system just be removed or will the car still not start?
Here is a wiring diagram on how to bypass the VATS system.
http://shbox.com/1/vats_bypass.jpg
There are 15 possible values for the resistor. Here is a list of them. http://www.asttraining.com/Files/vats1.pdf
Good luck! Gary

Gary - KQ6RT wrote:

made. You could also just replace the vats module, it likely would cost less the carb changeover and all and would still leave you emmisions legal.
--
Cy Welch
89 Camaro RS 5.0 TBI