Rough Idle

I have transplanted a 1992 3.1 from Camero into 1936 Chevy pickup. The engine has 35,000 miles on it . It had been sitting inside for 10yrs. We install a Detail Zone engine- trans, wiring harness with all sensors
except smog pump and power steering, replaced fuel injectors, plugs,wires ,coil, alternator, starter,air temp sensor, oxygen sensor( we mounted it in pass exaust pipe about 24" from manifold). Engine will crank but has a rough idle .You can spray starting fluid into air intake and it will smooth out ??????? Any sugestions. Thanks Gene
"geneo23" wrote: > I have transplanted a 1992 3.1 from Camero into 1936 Chevy > pickup. The > engine has 35,000 miles on it . It had been sitting inside for > 10yrs. We > install a Detail Zone engine- trans, wiring harness with all > sensors > except smog pump and power steering, replaced fuel injectors, > plugs,wires > ,coil, alternator, starter,air temp sensor, oxygen sensor( we > mounted it > in pass exaust pipe about 24" from manifold). Engine will > crank but has a > rough idle .You can spray starting fluid into air intake and > it will > smooth out ??????? Any sugestions. Thanks Gene
Our 89 2.8 did that, it was dirt in the EGR. I removed the EGR and the idle mixture motor and cleaned them both real good....problem solved. When you remove the idle mixture motor (the big black nut with the square connector near the throttle body) be sure to clean the seat where the cone goes in. Stick your pinky finger in there with a rag and some brake cleaner, carbon and crud can build up there.