Security light

My security light has come on and won't go off. I tried disconnecting the battery and it's still on! HELP!

What year and model, I have a 95 Z28 manual and the damn thing came on years ago and has been on ever since. I've tried everything, except taking it to the dealer.
He said it stays on when the battery is unhooked. Is that even possible?