1998 K3500 Bucket Truck - Chelsea PTO question

I have a Chelsea cable control and a pto mounted on the transmission. I'd like to hook up an air compressor. This is a bucket truck but the bucket is run off an onan generator with a hydraulic pump mounted on it. What can I do with my PTO?? It looks factory and my Chevy owners manual tells how to engage and disengage it but that's it. Has anyone else got one of these.

Thanks...Alan

Reply to
Alan

I take it that you have a 5 speed manual and it is loacated on transmission (the PTO) ?

Reply to
SnoMan

"Alan40" wrote: > I have a Chelsea cable control and a pto mounted on the > transmission. I'd like to hook up an air compressor. This is a > bucket > truck but the bucket is run off an onan generator with a > hydraulic pump > mounted on it. What can I do with my PTO?? It looks factory > and my Chevy > owners manual tells how to engage and disengage it but that's > it. Has anyone > else got one of these. > > Thanks...Alan > > > > -- >

> Maples Construction LLC, Complete Site Work, Road > Construction, > Sewer and water, Ledge Removal, From Trees to Pavement > Mass and RI.

I have a kodiak 5500 with pto. I have a small tree company in southern mass. I love the PTO. Most of the year i have a forestry body with 26? knuckle boom run off of PTO. When fertiliver time comes about 3wks in spring and 3 in fall the knuckle boom and body sides come off and PTO drives my spray rig. The rest of the year pesticides are sprayed from a k3500 but those pumps are run off there own gas engines. I don?t know about running an air compressor off PTO but would be interested in what you find about using one

Reply to
Maack

Curious. I know of nothing right off BUT, I do not know why you could not take a pump that runs off of a fram tractor PTO and have someone fab a mount and a adaptor to drive it off of your PTO. Lots of tractor sprayers use pto powered pumps and they come designed for 540 RPM and for 1000 RPM PTO to so pick the speed relvent to your application and get one fabbed up. Thats what I would do anyway. The PTO drive that attach to tranny are fairly easy to come by so it should not be too hard to whip up if you are good with fab or know someone that is because the pumps themselves will not be a problem to find.

Reply to
SnoMan