PTO for Dana 20

I have been offered a PTO that was removed from a T90/Dana18 setup.

I have a T90/Dana20 .

I know that the 18 and 20 use the same shell, but I am not sure about how the PTO would work with the 20.

Does anyone know?

TIA for any insight into this minor issue...

Willy "Just because Chrysler calls it a Jeep, don't make it so...!" - Willy Schneider / 1962

Reply to
Willy Schneider

Hi Willy, If you look under your Real Jeep, you will see a driveshaft coming out from the place the Power Take Off would bolt. If you were given the winch or other auxiliary power equipment, too you could move the rear drive shaft down across from your front's:

God Bless America, ßill O|||||||Omailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com Willy Schneider wrote:>

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Im sure their is an happy wife somewhere with a nice ding on her dryer...

LOL

"L.W. ("ßill") Hughes III" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@cox.net...

Reply to
Patrick

Short answer- Nope.

The Dana 20 PTO mounts in place of the transfer case oil pan. Not a well recieved design as they decrease ground clearance. The Dana 18 PTOs mount where "your" Dana 20 rear drive shaft come out, on the 18 the rear drive shft come out on the bottom of the case, in line with the front drive shaft.

Just so you know if they're giving this to you "gratis" if the PTO is the kind that hangs down with both front & rear facing shafts & one shift lever they're worth ~$100. If its one of those with *Two* shift levers it's worth ~$200 or so, (rarer, more desireable- I Want One I Want One I Want One :)... I Can't Afford One :(. ).

The most common manufacturers of these things were Ramsey & Koenig.

It won't matter much to you since you can't use it anyhow, but if you do pick it up just on spec, the Koenig PTOs came in two configurations, one for CJs, the other for the wagons-trucks. The difference is the angle they hang down at, the CJ models (#51 IIRC) have a noticeable "notch" in the case to clear something on the frame.

If the PTO is a "straight" model 18H (generic description, everybody built virtually identical cpoies of these things) with only a rear output shaft they're common as dirt & worth about the same

!!!*UNLESS*!!!

its coming with the rear three point hitch gear reduction box and/or flat belt drum pulley. Those gear boxes alone go for upwards of $300.

Do a Google on "Agri Jeep" , "Koenig Winch" or "Ramsey PTO" if you would like more info.

-Howard.

Reply to
Howard Eisenhauer