2000 astro keyless programming

I have an Astro that has the keyless package installed-but the transmitter doesnt seem to be synchronized with the reciever-How -other than the @65 us dollars the dealer wants_canI do the programming. According to other posts it has to be year specific.

Toppyinarkansas

Reply to
Toppy

Here we Go. With the drivers door closed hold down the power door unlock button on door panel. Turn ign.switch on, than off,than on, than off.Release door lock button.You should hear the doors lock & unlock.This is programing mode.Hold down lock & unlock buttons on transmitter untill you hear the doors lock & unlock.Do the same for other transmitters at this time.Turn ign. switch on to end programing. YOU OWE ME.

Reply to
jsc157