2000 Outback Keyless Entry Programming Button

I am looking for the programming button and might have found it - there is a button that is part of the lower dash, just below the hood release, but there is no ring around it like the literature indicates. However, there are two brown wires that lead to it, which I believe someone else said were the correct wires. Unfortunately, when I push the button, nothing happens - no horn after 15 seconds. Any ideas on how I should proceed? Is this even the correct button? I've looked everywhere else and have found no other button.

Thanks.

Reply to
leefriedman

Keyless entry programing on the 2001 involves using the ignition key and doing a sequence of on/off with that.

Where are you finding information saying it is a button? In the manual?

Reply to
Funkadyleik Spynwhanker